1. Be on time - We understand that things may come up last minute. If for any reason you think you may be late to your appointment, give your lash artist a quick call/text. We may have to reschedule your appointment if you are more than 15 minutes late because there may be another appointment after you. The last thing we want is to rush an appointment. We always want to give our 100%. We want to showcase our best work and provide the best service that we can.
2. Do not wear any make up to your appointment (especially around the eye area) - Now we know that sometimes you'll be coming straight from work and you obviously want to look presentable. It's not the end of the world. Have your makeup wipes on you but also let your lash artist know if you are wearing any make up or anything oil based on or around your eyes. Anything oil based will affect the lash retention. Basically your lash extensions will fall off faster than usual (same day or even next day) and we don't want that!
3. Avoid drinking caffeine - Caffeine will usually make your eyes flutter. You know when your leg starts twitching or bouncing up and down really fast? Yeah.. well when you're trying to relax during a lash service, your eyes will constantly flutter. It's like trying to put lash extensions on in a rocking boat. Although it's not impossible, it just may take 2x longer than usual and you may have a few extensions attached to your forehead... just joking.. (maybe) Which brings me to the next point.
4. Use the restroom before your appointment - Having to get up during your appointment to use the restroom might put us back 10 minutes or so. No big deal. If you had a huge cup of coffee or an extra large slurpee... We might be here a while. Every time you get up we have to make sure the adhesive around your eyes is dry, take the tape/pads off so you can open your eyes properly, then reapply everything again. Why not keep the tape/pads on while they use the restroom? You can...but when you're constantly blinking the tape/pads under your eyes move so either way, you would have to reapply the tape/pads anyway.
5. Limit talking (if possible) - We all love to talk. Let's admit, our lash sessions are like therapy sessions. Now i don't mind this but if you talk and your eyes start fluttering, then don't be offended if i tell you to take a nap. Otherwise we are back to lashing on a rocking boat again.
6. No phones (If possible) - We are always on our phones. But when you are at your lash appointment, please limit looking at your phones (if you can). I am very understanding when you say you need to keep your phone on hand because you're waiting for a call or want to be one call away if there's an emergency. When you are constantly opening your eyes to check a message or to see who is calling, your eyes will get irritated and start watering. When this happens, this affects the lash retention. The service will most likely take 2x longer and wouldn't have our best work done. So, if you can avoid opening your eyes, we really appreciate it!
6. Wear comfy clothing - This is optional. You can wear what you want but comfy clothing is ideal.
1. Do not wet lashes (sweat included) for the first 24 hours - Keeping lashes dry will allow for the extensions to properly bond to your natural lashes.
2. Keep extensions AWAY from any heat source.
(ex. Steam from opening the oven or cooking, BBQ, Blow drying your hair, steam from a curler/flat iron, hot tubs, steam rooms etc) - You can singe your lashes when you are close to any heat source. Any heat will also bring the curl down (it will be less curly) and may affect the bond of the extension to your natural lash.
3. Avoid oil based products (ex. Make up on or around your eyes, make up wipes/remover, foundation, moisturizer etc) - Will weaken the bond of the adhesive and your lashes may fall off faster than usual. Please be aware if you also have oily skin.
4. Clean lash extensions daily with a brush and an oil free foam cleanser - May be available for purchase while supplies last
5. Avoid putting mascara or strip lashes on top of your extensions - If you are having to do this you want a darker/fuller look or maybe you want more length? or maybe its time to come in for a fill? Have a chat with your lash artist.
6. Avoid pulling or picking at your lash extensions (especially when they start growing out) - Pulling your natural lashes out prematurely will create gaps in your natural lashes.
Lash Lift and Tint:
1. Do not wet lashes only for the first 24 hours - after this you may get them wet.
2. Apply caster oil daily (at bedtime) to keep lashes fresh/hydrated
3. Yes, you are allowed to put mascara after the first 24 hours